Saturday, March 13, 2010

ARRESTED BECAUSE OF SPREADING HATRED IN INTERNET!

As I read it on the news I was delighted. HEY, SOMEBODY DONE IT!!!

My dear friend, Nermin Cengic, forwarded me a link, an online newspaper article "ARRESTED BECAUSE OF SPREADING HATRED IN INTERNET" First, I thought It were a joke. But it is not!
In the small south-eastern European Country, Bosnia-Hercegowina, young man has been arrested because of spreading religious hatred in internet. The man can expect an punishment for 5 years in jail, without right to repeal or to get out on probation. Isn't great?!

Finally. Someone does it. It was about time.
The Domain under the young man posted his propaganda is not to reach right now. The computer is confiscated and under revision.

Let us think for a moment about this.
I hear already people saying:" That is dictatorship, that is freedom of speech!"

What is freedom of speech?
Freedom of speech - by definition- is the freedom to speak without censorship and/or limitation.
This freedom is very often abused, to promote, to spread the hatred, in the last time especially , between religions. In such speeches you read/hear about superiority some religion, some human over the other. And it should be stopped! If you have a account on Facebook, you will find thousands of groups, which do exactly the same and in the same time hide them selves behind, so beloved, freedom of speech.

OK. Let me think one step forward. If the whole world would do the same, if we would follow the example of Bosnia-Hercegowina, how many jails were necessary? How many people would go into jail, in this very moment? What do we win, if we follow this example? What would we loose?

OK. Let me try, pro and contra list;

1. Contra: more costs; Pro: more jobs - working people pay taxes
2. Contra: prisoners are loosing their jobs; Pro: they work in prison for small wage, we don't have to export our work to China or India
3. Contra: New prisons- less nature; Pro: more friendly humans around - place to be!
4. Contra: They live on our costs; Pro: WHO CARES! MY LIFE QUALITY IS BETTER WITHOUT THEM! And with friendly people, with good team, you can move the mountain.

And what would we loose?
I don't think we loose something. they should just stay away - we can live without them.

I would like to use the "freedom of speech" and ask you: Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. A great post about a very pertinent issue affecting lots of societies and people the world over. But can you share with us what the guy being accused of hate speech in Bosnia actually said?

    I'm by the way the person who started the topic "Moralnost kod naroda bivše Juge" on the forum of "Srbi, Hrvati i Bošnjaci KOJI SE NE MRZE MEĐUSOBNO, NEGO ŠIRE LJUBAV!!!" on Facebook. I started that topic because morality is important to me, and also because I wrote a lengthy (!) article on my blog detailing my views and observations on post-war morality among people from the former Yugoslavia.

    You can read it here (it's in English): Balkan Anarchist.

    ReplyDelete